– As a manager, you can either be a leader or a boss. A leader is different in that, he earns respect from his employees. Contrary to this, a boss demands to be respected. Respect is earned when the leader does what is in the best interest of the whole organization, considering the employees. A boss demands respect by doing only what is best for him. Verne advises managers to be leaders.
– Whereas successful managers look to achieve only win-win situations, the ones who fail mostly don’t mind acting on win-lose situations, provided the employees are on the losing side. A good manager knows that a win for the employees or society has a positive impact on the firm.
– To command authority without too much effort, a manager ought to listen more and talk little. The fewer the words one speaks, the more power they have. Good listeners have a good chance of being listened to.
– Your life shouldn’t only be revolved around your business. A good manager allocates time for everything, and strives to improve every aspect of his life. One may have a lot of money but lead a sad life, just because he doesn’t have stable relationships. All areas of life, including relationships and health, should be given the focus they need.
– If one finds out what they are passionate about, doing it would be easy. Improving on something you are not passionate about is almost impossible.
About Josh Verne
Ever heard about FlockU.com? A platform that allows people to exchange content through peer-to-peer connections? Well, Josh Verne is the founder of the platform. With Flocku.com, Verne targets college students to use the platform as a material exchange medium. He founded the company just this year. The company has grown to become well established in a short span.
Verne’s entrepreneurial skills were polished when he founded workspays.me. This was a website that allowed those with payrolls to make purchases easily. The amounts would then be automatically deducted from their payrolls. He formed the company in 2012, but sold it two years later to Global Analytics Holding.